The Cayman Islands are a trio of beautiful islands in the Caribbean Sea home to tens of thousands and host of many more visitors every year. People flock here from many nations in both the Americas, as well as Europe, for pleasure, recreation, and vacations.
If you’ve ever visited there before, then you know all this, and likely saw all the money flowing through the area. You might even be wondering if it’s possible to invest in real estate in the Cayman Islands. The truth it is, and there are roughly 6 categories of real estate in these islands you might want to look out for in particular.
1) Excursions and adventures: From scuba diving to stingray experiences, there is plenty of action to be had when the right businesses provide them.
2) Nightclubs and entertainment: Not everyone wipes themselves out on the water or the beaches all day long, particularly if they were relaxing. They have energy at night and want to have a good time. Be the place they go.
3) Food and beverage: People not only have to eat and drink a few times a day, when in a place like this, they like to have rum and cokes, margaritas, and local cuisine.
4) Residential properties: Whether it’s a hotel, condos, apartments, or just a single home or luxury villa, renting out places for people to stay is a great way to profit off those that aren’t here for the day off a cruise ship.
5) Anything on the water: Aside from the general categories already listed, look for anything and everything you can that’s on the water. Properties right on the water have the best views and atmosphere, and sometimes, there are things you just can’t do without being on the water. A beachfront bar or restaurant is one such possibility, as is a boat dock for excursions or a stingray experience.
6) Anything on the water with a boat dock: Much as anything right on the beaches or coastline are going to be higher in value than anything else, if it either has a boat dock or can have one realistically added, then it should be even more valuable.
Even within these 6 general categories of real estate in the Cayman Islands, things can be broken down even more specifically, so if you’re looking for something in particular, dig a little deeper. Be patient though. Those lucky enough to own property in this paradise rarely put it on the market.